Vancouver Craft Beer Week Kicks off May 27th and will run through June 5th 2016, Tickets for all Events on Sale Now
The seventh annual Vancouver Craft Beer Week set to bring locals the best in music, food and beer
Vancouver, BC – May 4th, 2016 – The seventh annual Vancouver Craft Beer Week is set to kick off with opening night festivities on Friday, May 27th and will run until Sunday, June 5th. This year’s 10-day line up of events includes the VCBW Festival, Canada’s largest craft-only beer festival, presented by Donnelly Group. The VCBW Festival will take place from Friday, June 3rd to Sunday, June 5th at the PNE Centre Grounds (2901 E Hastings, Vancouver, BC) and will feature local food trucks, over 350 craft beers and ciders and live music provided by The World Famous CFOX. Vancouver Craft Beer Week tickets are now available – including VCBW Festival Weekend passes ($95), Single Day Gate Crasher tickets ($40) and Single Day General Admission tickets ($35).From May 27th – June 5th 2016, Vancouver Craft Beer Week will host a number of craft beer events leading up to the festival weekend. These events include:
- Opening Night – VCBW will kick off at the Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre,with over 50 craft beers and ciders to sample and canapés from CRAFT Beer Market. Mouthful of Daisy and Out of Nowhere will provide the soundtrack for the night. Tickets are $60.
- Collaboration Tap Takeover! – Attendees can sample 16 collaboration brews from 32 breweries and listen to live music from the Spillionaires, Milk Pipes and The ‘Feel at Big Rock Urban Brewery & Eatery. Tickets are $50.
- Ciderhouse Rules – the Lamplighter Public House patio will be transformed into a pop-up BBQ with 12 of BC’s finest breweries and cideries hand-pouring their finest creations. Tickets are $20.
- FEATS OF STRENGTH Herculean Beer Party – ticketholders can drop by The Cobalt to watch Vancouver brewers compete in arm wrestling, phonebook tearing and keg lifting competitions, while sipping on hop-forward beers selected by Copper & Theory. Tickets are $20.
- Best of BC – VCBW is offering locals the first taste of the 2016 Canadian Brewing Awards winning brews. An all-BC-award-winning lineup will be on-tap for one afternoon only at Central City on Beatty St. Tickets are $50.
- Biercraft Belgium Showcase – a VCBW annual tradition, the Belgium Beer Showcase celebrates the craft brewing tradition of Belgium. Ticketholders can taste a variety of Belgium beer styles at Biercraft Bistro. Tickets are $80.
- Forbidden Fruit – beer lovers can sample a selection of fruit beers, fruit wheat beers, Belgians and sours from 20 BC craft breweries at the Devil’s Elbow Ale House. Tickets are $40.
“Our team has worked so hard all year to bring Vancouverites and visitors to the festival the biggest, best and brightest Vancouver Craft Beer Week to date. We’re also thrilled that we were able to add the extra festival day for 2016,” said Leah Heneghan, Events Director at Vancouver Craft Beer Week.
Vancouver Craft Beer Week has partnered with The World Famous CFOX and Wet Ape Productions to bring 15 musical acts to the VCBW Festival. The musical lineup includes headliners The Boom Booms, Jesse Roper and JP Maurice, along with winners of the #willplayforbeer contest – Brass Action, Disco Funeral and Dakota Pearl. The #willplayforbeer contest winners are scheduled to take over the CFOX stage – one of three musical stages at the VCBW Festival.
This year’s VCBW Festival is set to showcase over 100 breweries and cideries pouring over 350 craft beers and ciders from around the world. Local favourites include Parallel 49 Brewing Company, Postmark Brewing and Four Winds Brewing Company. The festival also includes a U.S Brewers Association section, offering craft beers never before seen in Canada.
“We’re always looking for new ways to improve the festival and keep people excited,” said Heneghan. “We really feel the additional music component this year will add to the one-of-a-kind experience. VCBW is always a great way to kick off the summer!”
The seventh annual VCBW collaboration brew is an Oceania-inspired Saison. Brewed at Steel & Oak Brewing, the beer was released on Monday, May 2nd. Proceeds from the Saison are going to VCBW’s official charity, Music Heals.
For more information on Vancouver Craft Beer Week or to purchase tickets, please visit vancouvercraftbeerweek.com.