Bridge Brewing rings in 2015 by expanding production capacity threefold
Vancouver’s first nano brewery now distributes all over B.C
The North Shore’s Bridge Brewing is moving to a new location on January 15. The brewery now has the space to more than triple production allowing Bridge to offer customers an increased selection of award winning craft beer and seats to enjoy it. To celebrate the move, Bridge is offering customers a complementary glass of the specialty keg, Molasses and Black fig Stout.
Bridge founder, Jason Stratton admits that it’s always pouring on the North Shore, at least at Bridge Brewing. “When we opened in 2012, we set our goal on making a single great craft beer. We received overwhelming customer support we have continued to expand to meet demand.”
“Today we offer a selection of four year-round brews with a variety of seasonals and an extensive cask program across the Lower Mainland.”
Bridge Brewing distributes product across British Columbia to Quesnel, William’s Lake, all over Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. Regular offerings include the North Shore Pale, Hopilano IPA, Wonderbar Kolsch and All-Out Stout. Some recent cask offerings include a Honey and Lemon Heffeweizen Friendly Fire ISA, and a Cascade Apple and Thyme Ale.
- Opened in July 2012.
- The new brewery is 4,500 square feet, vs the current 930 square feet.
- Annual capacity increases to 5,000 barrels (585,000 litres), up from 1,500 barrels (175,000) litres). To put this in perspective, a growler is 1.89 litres, a bomber is 650 ml, and a standard keg is 50 litres.
- The company is a good steward of the community and hosts the annual 10km Growler Run, which benefits the North Shore Crisis Centre.
- Bridge Brewing is currently a 99.9% garbage free brewery. Almost everything that comes into the brewery is reused and recycled.
- Bridge Brewing won the Brewer’s Challenge Award for best purl cask at the 5th Annual BC Beer Awards & Festival this spring.
- The Bridge team was awarded the Silver Medal for the All Out Stout at the 2014 Canadian Brewing Awards.
New address: 1448 Charlotte Road, North Vancouver