Vancouver Cycle Brewery Tours – Tour Vancouver’s Craft Beer by Bike
With the boom of craft breweries in Vancouver it only makes sense to take it all in by bicycle. While the task of navigating Vancouver’s streets by bike may be a daunting task on your own Cycle City Tours has just launched a tour of Vancouver’s top breweries through pedal-power.
Learn more and book your tour at http://cyclevancouver.com
What: A small group, guided 3-hour bicycle ride including 3 behind the scenes tours of Vancouverʼs new craft breweries and stories from the cityʼs past and present.
When: Every second Saturday, June 28th – September 20th
Where: Starts at Spokes Bicycles, 1798 West Georgia St. (at Denman St.) and continues through Gastown, Railtown, Strathcona, Grandview, and Mt. Pleasant (Brewery Creek!)
Highlights: Stories about Vancouverʼs past and present, food pairing at Belgard Kitchen, 9 beer tasters from Postmark Brewing, Bomber Brewing, and Main St. Brewing, in-depth tours of brewing facilities, and a beautiful bike ride. NOTE: this is not a pub crawl and intoxication is not allowed. Tasters are small and additional purchases will be carried by the guide in his bike trailerʼs cooler.
Cost: $69.95 plus GST
• Founded in April 2011 by Josh Bloomfield
• Offers daily guided bike tours in Vancouver, BC
• 2013 season – 5 trained local guides
• Operate in partnership with Spokes Bicycle Rentals, with access to over 1,000 bicycles
• Daily public tours and private custom tours
• 6 unique tours offered:
o Grand Tour – Vancouver Encompassed
o Stanley Tour – Coastal Temperate Rainforest and more!
o Central City Tour – Historical focus with modern contrast
o Food Tour – A city tour told through the story of local foods (sampling included!)
o Art Wheelers – Public Art Tour
o Pride Tour – A unique exploration of our vibrant GLBTTQ West End community (for Pride month)
• Topics on tours – Rainforest ecology, history, public art and architecture, local foods, hidden gems and fun facts
• Our clients include: travelers, locals, local and international corporate groups, conference groups, school group, and families.
How are we different:
• CCT is Vancouver’s only urban bicycle tour company
• Sustainable travel philosophy:
o Locally owned and operated
o Educate on social and environmental issues
o Give back to the community
o Promote sustainable transportation – guests are inspired to start biking at home or on their next travel experience
o Zero carbon footprint
• Small groups allow customized stories and information on tours. Guests get to know their local guide and create a meaningful relationship